Drying – & curing technologies
- Convection or hot air ovens
- Ultraviolet (UV)
- Infrared Radiation (IR)
- Short wave lenght (≤ 2,3 µm)
- Medium wave lenght (2,3 – 3,3 µm)
- Long wave lenght (3,3 – 10 µm)
- Gas catalytic IR emitters
Advantages of using Gas fired IR systems
- Quick drying time – 70-80% reduction compared with conventional systems
- Energy cost reduction of up to 80%
- Reduction of CO2 emissions of up to 70%
- Reduction of VOC emissions of up to 70%
- Reducing space requirement with 60 – 90%
- Quick changing from water based to e.g. solvent borne lacquer (less than 5 min.)
- Very flexible and fast installation
- CE – marked
- ATEX approved
Why does it work (Catalytic Infrared drying):
- The IR transfer heat through the air directly to each molecule in the varnish.
- Hereby the drying process will be speeded up considerably.
- Catalytic IR has a wave length from 3 -10µm
- The wave length for varnish, paint, water and plastic materials absorbing IR is 6-8µm
- The paint dries from inside and out.
- Reducing VOC by consuming it as a fuel.
The catalytic IR panels produce infrared radiation which cause very fast drying or hardening of surfaces with very low energy consumption and reduced emission of, CO2, NOx and VOC from the drying surfaces.